The First Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Book Will Be Penned By Artemis Fowl Author, Eoin Colfer
In honour of Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary year, Eoin Colfer, author of the ‘Artemis Fowl’ series, has penned a short story featuring the First Doctor, William Hartnell.
The book entitled ‘A Big Hand For The Doctor‘ is the first in a series of eleven ebook short stories each based on one of the Eleven Doctors. They’ll all be priced at £1.99 and released on the 23rd of each month starting in January 2013.
London, 1900. The First Doctor is missing both his hand and his granddaughter, Susan. Faced with the search for Susan, a strange beam of soporific light, and a host of marauding Soul Pirates intent on harvesting human limbs, the Doctor is promised a dangerous journey into a land he may never forget…
Each story is written by a different author, bringing together some of the big names in children’s fiction. These authors will each bring their own interpretation and reimagining of their chosen Doctor to create a unique Doctor Who adventure in their own inimitable style.
A promotional video featuring the author will be released on the 11th of each month on the BBC Worldwide Doctor Who YouTube channel.
A paperback anthology of all eleven stories, the Doctor Who Anniversary Anthology will be released on 23rd November 2013 priced at £7.99.
The release calendar:
- January – First Doctor, William Hartnell (1963-1966)
- February – Second Doctor, Patrick Troughton (1966-1969)
- March – Third Doctor, Jon Pertwee (1970-1974)
- April – Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker (1974-1981)
- May – Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison (1981-1984)
- June – Sixth Doctor, Colin Baker (1984-1986)
- July – Seventh Doctor, Sylvester McCoy (1987-1996)
- August – Eighth Doctor, Paul McGann (1996)
- September – Ninth Doctor, Christopher Eccleston (2005)
- October – Tenth Doctor, David Tennant (2005-2010)
- November – Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smith (2010-present)
Other books this year:
- Doctor Who: Puffin Eshorts (January – November, £1.99)
- Doctor Who: Anniversary Sticker Book (4th April, £7.99, Paperback, 9781405909150)
- Doctor Who: Where’s the Doctor? (4th April, £5.99, Paperback Reissue, 9781405909044)
- Doctor Who: Official Annual 2014 (1st August, £7.99, Hardback, 9781405911795)
- Doctor Who: Lost in Space (5th September, £8.99, Hardback, 9781405911801)
- Doctor Who: The Essential Guide to Fifty Years of Doctor Who (October, Hardback, £12.99)
- Doctor Who: Anniversary Anthology (November, Paperback, £7.99)
Doctor Who filming in NYC, in some of my favorite locations in Central Park!
Okay, so I’ve seen a lot of celebrities and tapings, but almost none have excited me as much as watching Doctor Who film in Central Park. Matt Smith is the most dapper man I’ve ever seen, and Karen is beautiful! They would wave occasionally, and at one point even began taking pictures of us.
The crowds were absolutely crazy, but Matt, Karen, and Arthur all seemed so chill and would occasionally make jokes about how they wished they were shooting something more exciting (I’m not quite sure what Matt and Karen were doing, but Arthur was just walking around).
All in all, they seemed absolutely lovely and I’m so excited I got a chance to see them!